The company that operates as TappyToon and provides the Service is Contents First, Inc (the "Company"). We may also refer to the Company by words such as "we," "us," or "our." As used here, the term "App" means our applications for mobile and tablet devices, and the term "Site" means the TappyToon website (www.tappytoon.com). The Site and App enables browsing, purchasing licenses to, and read the comics, webtoons, media and any related content available through the Site or the App ("Content"). The term "Service" means each of and any combination of, the Site, the App, the Content, and related TappyToon services. These Terms of Service (this "Agreement") govern your use of the Service, and is a legally binding agreement between you and the Company. By using the service, you agree that you have read and understand, and agree to be bound by, this Agreement. If you do not agree, you are not permitted to use the Service.
Limited License to Content
Subject to your complete and ongoing compliance with all the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement and any applicable Supplemental Terms (including, without limitation, payment of any applicable fees, including fees for Content you license), the Company grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access the Content for your personal, non-commercial use. Such license does not confer on you any ownership interest in such Content. Words such as "purchase" or "sale" (and similar terms, including all tenses), as applied to Content (including any Content the Company makes available for free), refer to the grant to you of a limited license as described herein.
2. In our sole discretion, we may limit the number of compatible internet-connected devices (collectively "Devices", including but not limited to media players, computers, smartphones, tablets or other similar devices) to which you can download and store cached content. Such content is Content for purposes of this Agreement, are provided solely for your personal, non-commercial use, may not be transferred to others, and are subject to all of the terms of this Agreement.
Limitations on Use
1. You may not sell, rent, lease, lend, transfer, assign, sublicense, share any rights to, reproduce, distribute, publicly display or perform, modify, or prepare any derivative work based on the Service, or publish or otherwise make the Service available to others. You may not, and may not encourage, authorize, or assist others to, (a) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or in any way access or attempt to access the source code for the Service, or make or attempt to make any modification to the Service, (b) modify, defeat, interfere with, or circumvent any feature of the Service, including any security or access control mechanism, including features requiring payment of the applicable purchase price for any Content, (c) attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Service or to breach any security or authentication measures, regardless of your motives or intent, (d) attempt to damage, interfere with, or disrupt the Service to any user, processor, host or network, including by submitting a virus, worm, or Trojan horse, (e) attempt to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal that you send to or through the Service, including by forging headers or otherwise manipulating identifiers, (f) pretend that you are, or that you represent, someone else or impersonate any other individual or entity, (g) intercept any system data, personal information, or other data relating to the Service, (h) remove any proprietary notices or labels on the Content or other components of the Service, (i) access or use the Service for any unlawful purpose, (j) take any action that would impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our network or other infrastructure, or (k) use or launch any automated system, including any "deeplink", "page-scrape", "robot," "spider," "offline readers," or other method or system that accesses, acquires, copies, or monitors any part of the Service in a manner that sends more requests to the Company's servers or other infrastructure in any period of time than a human being could reasonably produce in the same period of time by conventional manual means (provided that the Company grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Website for the sole purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials, and the Company reserves the right in its sole discretion and at any time to revoke such permission either generally or in specific cases).
2. The Company reserves the right to revoke your license to the Content if you violate the terms of this Agreement, or the Company cannot lawfully continue to permit such license. You acknowledge and agree that Content may not be available to view, use or display under certain conditions, such as due to restrictions imposed by owners or licensors of Content or if the Company or the owner or licensor of the Content no longer has the legal rights necessary to authorize distribution of that Content. The Company may modify or discontinue the offering of any Content at any time. If a unit of Content becomes unavailable before you access it but after you purchase it, your sole and exclusive remedy, and the Company's sole and exclusive obligation, is a refund of the purchase price paid for such Content. Any unauthorized use by you of the Content automatically terminates the license set forth in this Agreement, without prejudice to any other remedies provided by applicable law or this Agreement.
3. If you are prohibited under applicable law from using the Service you may not use it.
4. You must be at least thirteen (13) years old to use the Service.. Use of the Service by anyone under the age of thirteen (13) (or under such other age as may apply under applicable Supplemental Terms) is unauthorized and unlicensed. In all cases, if you are under eighteen (18) years old, you may only use the Service with the approval of your parents or guardian.
5. Use of the Service for a commercial purpose is unauthorized and unlicensed.
Intellectual Property and Other Rights
The Service is owned and operated by the Company. The Content, software, visual interfaces, interactive elements, features, information, graphics, design, compilation, computer code, products, look and feel, and all other elements of the Service (the "TappyToon Materials"), are protected by the laws of the United States, the Republic of Korea (South Korea) and other jurisdictions relating to the protection of intellectual property and proprietary rights, including copyright, patent, trade dress, and trademark laws, as well as laws relating to data protection and security. All TappyToon Materials, including intellectual property rights therein and thereto, are the property of the Company or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies and/or third-party licensors. You may not reproduce, distribute, rent, lease, sell, license, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transfer, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, prepare derivative works based on, or otherwise use the TappyToon Materials except as expressly authorized by this Agreement. The Company reserves all rights not expressly granted in this Agreement. You shall not acquire any right, title or interest in or to the TappyToon Materials, whether by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, except for the limited rights set forth in this Agreement.
Fees and Payment
Certain features of the Service, such as purchasing a license to view certain Content, require the payment of fees. All such fees must be paid in advance. All transactions are final and, except as expressly provided herein, the Company does not issue any refunds. The Company reserves the right to modify prices and fees applicable to future transactions at any time for any reason in its sole discretion.
Fees from Third Parties
The use and operation of your mobile or other device and your use of mobile or fixed network services in connection with your use of the Service may be subject to separate third party terms of service and fees (such as roaming, data, and other applicable fees charged by your mobile network operator). You are solely responsible for payment of any and all such fees and compliance with any and all applicable terms.
The Service is offered by Contents First, Inc. You can contact us